sabato, dicembre 08, 2007

what I want you to remember as I disappear tonight


I heard of a man who says words so beautifully

that if he only speaks their name

women give themselves to him.

If I am dumb beside your body

while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips

it is because I hear a man climb stairs

and clear his throat outside our door.


*


I almost went to bed

without remembering the four white violets
I put in the button-hole of your green sweater

and how i kissed you then

and you kissed me shy
as though I'd never been your lover


*


Each man has a way to betray the revolution

This is mine.

ISSO TUDO É COHEN, SÓ PARA PROVAR, A QUEM QUEIRA, QUE EXISTEM GOOD DEMONS, E TODOS ELES, SE NÃO SALVAM O MUNDO, PERDEM-ME A ALMA, COM SUA LITERATURA MELANCÓLICA.

COMOVE-ME ESTE ÚLTIMO PAR DE VERSOS. ACHO QUE ESTOU, TAMBÉM EU, TRAINDO A REVOLUÇÃO. MAS POR DESENGANO. POR EXAUSTÃO.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

CI SIAMO QUATTRO. E LEGGIAMO ASSOLUTAMENTE TUTTO. DOPO TRE O QUATTRO MESI. E CINQUE O SEI BICCHIERI. DI VELENO.